Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mmm....

I have a sweet tooth.....and need some chocolate....
I don't think I even have to taste to tell that this will be a keeper recipe.....good grief the list of ingredients is really enough to tell me that....butter, brown sugar, oatmeal and chocolate.....yum!
I found the link for this recipe just the other day and it comes from http://meganandclaudy.blogspot.com

Here is my condensed version of the recipe.....

Deep Dish Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars

2 sticks butter
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1tsp. Salt
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/3 cup milk
3 cups oatmeal
Mix together ingredients in regular cookie dough fashion.
Spread 3/4 of mixture on bottom of prepared 9"x 13" pan and set aside remaining 1/4.

In a saucepan melt the following over medium heat:
1 can sweetened condensed milk (eagle brand)
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Pour this chocolate mixture over the cookie mixture in the pan. Cover with remaining cookie mixture.
Bake 25 minutes in a preheated 350° oven. Allow to cool before cutting.

Note: I melted the chocolate mixture slowly in the microwave. I used the pampered chef stoneware cake pan so I did not have to prepare the pan or preheat the oven and I let the 25 minutes begin once the oven reached temp.
They've probably cooled off enough by now....I think I'm going to go have a taste!


No comments: