Sunday, September 8, 2013

Finally.....

Finished! While working the Mercantile open house on Friday, I found this little bench and decided that it would be perfect for this particular puncheedle design. It was unfinished so I gave it a coat of black paint, sanded it up, a coat of brown shoe polish then finished it off with a little clear coat. The design is by Lori Brechlin aka Notforgotten Farm from her Harvest of Primitives booklet. I just love this design and I feel like I've done it justice! I punched this in stained weavers cloth with dmc floss. I like to hide the edges where it gets turned under so I crocheted a chain from some black linen floss and stitched it to the edge. For a little contrast I gave it a background of tan wool before tacking it to the bench. I really like how it turned out. In fact, as I set up the display for the photo, I actually thought about keeping it! But, bills to pay so it will be going to the mercantile here in a few days. Until then, if you are interested in this piece, just shoot me an email cinlynhess@yahoo.com
I hope you are having a fabulous Sunday!

No comments: