Friday, May 28, 2010

Garden Thyme...



Good Morning All! It has been a beautiful week here in my little corner of the world.  Busy...but beautiful! Hot....but I'll take it!  After all the snow, ice, cold and rain....I'm SO ready for sunshine and heat! 
I've finally gotten my lavender planted...it's a wonder I didn't lose them since they'd been sitting outside in their little greenhouse pots waiting to be planted!  I transplanted the two plants I already had and let's hope I didn't move them at the wrong time.  I've already snipped some of the blooms to dry....as well as some of my yarrow...and from the looks of it this morning, I need to snip it again!

And this lambs ear will be ready to cut soon! 

This plant came from a start I received 10 years ago in a friendship garden swap from a lady out in New Hampshire.  I planted her start in the flower garden at my old house and as it grew, and did it grow!...I took a start and brought it to my MIL for her flower bed, at the house I live now! That little start went wild!  It has taken like six years to get it under control....and I still have to weed a little bit of it out at the beginning of the year....I don't know how it spreads so!
And I have finally gotten some gardening done!  It is definitely a make-do garden....Seems when my oldest son moved out, so did the majority of my gardening tools.  So rather than run around to beg and borrow, I made do with what I could find to put plants in.  The tomatoes won't grow fast enough for John!  I have a nice little assortment of veggies with some watermelon and canteloupe as well as some herbs! 
There are few more things I need/want to put in.....hopefully I can squeeze that in sometime today!
I will be taking off a couple days....a little R&R...then I'll get back to work in the sewing room.....

....to finish up this order of quilt blocks!  It's nice to sit down at the sewing machine to work on something other than alterations!

I hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend. 
Many THANKS to our service men and women and to their families
who sacrifice SO much!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!


1 comment:

Sharlotte said...

Hello Cindy!! Seeing all of your planting sure makes me wish I didn't have such a brown thumb!! I love those quilt blocks! I've been doing some block piecing too. It's been really nice!

Have a great weekend!