Saturday, September 4, 2010

Where have I been?

Hello All!  Yeah, I'm still here.....I've not fallen off the face of the earth.  I have tried to do a little keeping up through Facebook over the past few weeks. Since my last post, besides working, I've spent most of my days at the hospital with John's mom.  She had a regular doctors appointment on the 19th which led them to admit her for some tests.  A CT scan of her stomach came back with a tumor the size of a basketball and not for certain where it was coming from. She was then transferred to another hospital where they decided it was coming from an ovary and finally in for surgery on the 23rd.  She got to come home on the 28th and starting to recover but it's still a long road ahead.  For as upsetting as what this has all been, I'm also thankful that they finally found out what has been making her sick all this time.  Prior to this, she had been in the hospital twice since the first of April.  Oh, the best part? As with all tumors, they must be sent off for biopsy and this one came back NO cancer.  Thank God! And many thanks to those who follow my FB and were prayer warriors for her!  Never underestimate the power of prayer!
************************
The bathroom has been on hold waiting for the finishing touches...curtains, which I need to drop the hem in, pictures on the wall, still undecided if that H-D border is even going to go up now.  My sewing room looks like a disaster struck. Until I go pick up John later today, I think I actually get to spend the day at home and I think I will spend it on cleaning and doing a little catching up around the house. 
We had a beautiful day here yesterday.  I turned off the a/c and opened up the windows.  It got so cool in the evening though, that I had to close them all before going to bed.  One more cup of coffee then I think I'll open those windows again, turn on some good music and get busy cleaning! 

Hope you all have a GREAT Labor Day weekend!!

No comments: