Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh the Christmas rush.....

Well it's been over a week since Thanksgiving and my last post....and it's been a very busy week! The day after Thanksgiving, we went with friends to St.Louis to watch our Westran Hornet boys basketball team compete in the state championship game.  They lost the game in overtime by one. They've had an incredible year.....until this game, they were undefeated! Way to go guys! We are so proud!
Saturday, John and I spent the day together.....and it was SO nice! He needed boots so off we went to  Kleinschmidts Western Store in Higginsville.  Since we went the back way, so to speak, we went through Brunswick, where I finally got the chance to stop at the still somewhat new quilt shop, Sew Sweet Quilt Shop http://www.sewsweetquiltshop.com/
Awesome little shop...so much fabric, patterns and notions, scrapbooking supplies
and what most caught my eye was the cupboard full of WOOL fq's!
Well, on to Kleinschmidts for boots!
Then, since we were so close, we went on up to the plaza in Kansas City and had dinner at Buca di Beppo...an awesome little Italian restraunt! As we were leaving, the lights on the plaza were on....I love looking at Christmas lights!
 Sunday to Wednesday was spent cleaning and decorating! 

I thought I'd share a couple pics of my trees.... the living room tree...
This is my Santa tree in the kitchen....

Friday, I got to spend the entire day at home...even though I spent the day doing laundry, it really wasn't so bad since I had a cozy fire going, the lights of the tree, Christmas movies & I got to do some fun work...a stocking order, that's the snowmen in the pic below!
Yesterday, I braved the crowds and traffic to go Christmas shopping.  I got lots but still not done!  I did find the premier issue of Where Women Cook...created by Jo Packham. Can't wait to sit down and actually read it!  Then awaiting in my mailbox when I got home was the latest Create & Decorate! I'm gonna have to find some sit-down time!
I hope I haven't bored you with all the details of my past week!
********************
Today is our youngest son's 20th birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAR! WE LOVE YOU!

********************
Enjoy your day!





3 comments:

Rita Templeton said...

I was all smiley reading this blog post until I saw the part where BRIAR is TWENTY?!?!?!?!

Seriously??

*sigh*

I love all your trees. I can just imagine how cozy your house must be this time of year!

krys kirkpatrick said...

I love that name. Briar....very cool and unique. Lovely spot you have created here.

di2009 said...

Cindy: I don't think I said congratulations yet on the grandbaby. It will enrich your life in so many ways. I am so excited for you and John (and of course Ely and Liz!)