Thursday, July 28, 2016

Let's Get Scrappy.....

I recently participated in a mini-quilt swap through www.scrappygirlsclub.com . 
This is the awesome mini that I received from Claudia B. LOVE it! So many techniques! For the trees, she used a confetti technique that I had not seen before....SO cool! Little snippets of fabric placed beneath a piece of tulle then  stitched and quilted into place. I will have to try this sometime.
I do not consider myself a quilter but I do enjoy sewing smaller quilted projects.
When I do a project as such, I usually turn to the traditional piecing method.
Below is the finished piece that I sent to Claudia.....along with a few other little goodies!  It is called 'Hidden Star' done in Americana prints. I could really see this being done in a whole quilt!  Love the prints and the block pattern.
I hope that she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.
These are the black & white fat quarters (fq's) that Claudia sent to me, as well.  I can't wait to work them into a mini-quilt of some sort....hmm....table runner, placemat....or simply a mini-quilt to hang on my sewing room wall.
And I spotted this little bundle of fq's while waiting for the girl to cut interfacing for me at Wal-Mart.  Too cute.....I couldn't resist!  
After participating in that little swap I've been inspired!  Of course, I will share as I go along or as they are finished!

'Sew'......that's what I wanted to share with you today......
Enjoy your day, my friends.........

No comments: