Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We woke Thursday morning to rain. The day we are supposed to be leaving on the motorcycle for the weekend and it's raining! Calling for showers off and on throughout the day, we took a chance when the rain stopped we packed the bike and headed out. We ran on wet roads for a spell but we didn't hit one raindrop!! We got to my cousin's place late afternoon. Gail was still at an appointment so we visited with Johnny for awhile then we borrowed Johnny's truck to go see his Mom, my Great-Aunt Ruby...who is 94! Here she is with her cat, Tabby! We spent a couple hours with her over supper....always good to see and visit with her. I wish she didn't live so far away so we could see her more often!
We spent the night with Johnny and Gail....then when Gail got home from work at noon on Friday, we headed out for Fayetteville, AR for the Bikes Blues & BBQ Rally! We met up with friends and had a GREAT time! I think each time we go, there are more bikes and more people! From newborn babies being pushed around in strollers (as if it's not hard enough to get around) to 80 yr old grandparents and from all walks of life. Good thing for cell phones cause if you're with a group of people when you start out, you are sure to get separated before you reach your destination and by the time the "lost" party catches up, it's time to move on to the next stop! Crazy as it is, we'll do it all again next year!

I snuck this picture of John while waiting for some of our group....

Riding down Dickson St. .......I took this one over my shoulder!
After already riding bikes over to the track center on Saturday morning, Saturday night, we took the train from Dickson St over there only to get back on and ride back to Dickson St.!
Up bright and early Sunday morning to gather things to head home...

Beautiful riding down in those parts...lots of hills and curves....I really need to practice taking pics while riding so I can get better pics next year!
********************************
Vacation over....back to work. Trying to find a water leak. Laundry. Grocery shopping. Cleaning. Not to mention the work work....the stack of alterations and orders. To top it off, John has some sort of bug....cold, allergies or sinues. I hope it clears up soon....or he's goin' to see Doc whether he likes it or not!
I hope you all are well and having a great week!!

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Looks like a great ride. I had a god friend who moved to Fayetteville years ago and I have only seen her once since. I went there for her wedding, it was so green and pretty there.

I had guest for sunday dinner this weekend and they arrived early and I was still wearing my apron, she was raving about how pretty it was. I was so thrilled to share my blogging experience with her and how many friend I have met through this.

Thank you again for the friendship and a great apron.

Shanda