Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring .....

 Only in Missouri will you have the kind of weather we've had over this past week.....
We started out with snow on Monday and ended with rain & hail yesterday with some mid 70 degree temps inbetween!  Spring begins tomorrow and I am SO ready!
Of course it's not this far along yet, but it has been showing itself for awhile now....as well as the yarrow and tulips...that's what I've noticed out front.  I'm hoping for another nice warm day to get out there and start cleaning out the beds. 
And as much as I'd like to, I don't think I will be putting out a garden as I did last year.  For all the time, money and energy I put into it, the results weren't very rewarding.  So maybe a few tomato plants planted in a spot right outside the back door and a few potted herbs, and a few more trips to the Amish community and the Farmer's Market.
Spring....besides the plans of gardening also comes spring cleaning.....and I've sure been in the spring cleaning mode of late. As you see on all those reorganization programs on television, I've got boxes full of things that will later be sorted into the donate / sell / toss boxes.  Everything from clothing to coffee mugs.
The toss box is self explanatory....The donated boxes will go to The Salvation Army and the selling boxes will go to a garage sale or on Facebook.  Just this past week, a friend introduced me to two selling groups on facebook..... Primitive Crafting Buy & Sell it Here and  Homestead Thrift Store.
Well, I'm not sure what the day has in store for me yet....as there are so many things that I want to do.....from baking to cleaning to stitching. I guess if I would just get busy, I could get a bit of everything done, right?

Enjoy your day!



No comments: