Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Some finishes to share...

I've been working with wools, homespun and calico's this week.....
From Notforgotten Farm's American Folk an Americana pony made with wool and hand dyed wools. Hand stitched in place with wool floss and the stem stitching being dmc floss. It has been backed with homespun.
Next up are zinc lid make-do pinkeeps using snippets of calico's from my supply stash. The two on the left are filled with mohair and the larger and smaller ones are fiber-fil. I've added rusty t-pins, pins, buttons and a threaded needle to each.
Lastly, calico bird make-do's. Again using calico snippets from my supply stash and they are stuffed with fiber-fil. Use them as they are or at your sewing table as a pinkeep. As you can see they each have a different base.....an old door knob for the gold bird...a grubbied glass candle holder for brown bird and for blue bird a small glass bottle that I filled with buttons from my Grandmas button tin.
These will all be available at Randolph Mercantile later this week!
Hope you are having a great week!

No comments: