Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finishes...

Thought I'd share a few finishes.....

Calico/wool bird pin keep. Set on a small jar of buttons from my grandma's button tin.
Vintage embroidered linen pin keep, set in an old zinc canning lid and filled with crushed walnut shells and a little bit of fiber fill in the bottom.
Another pin keep set in an old zinc canning lid. Made with a heavily stained osnaburg cloth and filled with crushed walnut shells and a bit of fiber fil in the bottom.
And finally.....
Simplify
A punch needle design by Buttermilk Basin. Punched onto weavers cloth with dmc threads, stitched to black wool then edged with crochet chain of black cotton yarn.  Found an unfinished wood stool that I painted black, sanded, light coat of burnt umber then a light covering of  matte clear coat. I attached the punched piece with carpenter tacks. I love it!
All these items will soon be listed in my etsy shop. 
"Sew" many things on my sewing room to-do list. I have the vintage linens and a stack of fabrics set aside for more aprons.   I've set aside my Brown Egg Farm cross stitch project for the time being to work on some smaller cross stitch designs. I work on whatever speaks to me at the time.
Until next time.....


No comments: