Monday, April 22, 2013

Before & After Finish.....

This little box was calling my name as I browsed through the Mercantile taking pictures for their FB page a couple weeks ago. I know....I said no more buying until I used up some from my stash. Well, in this project I was using up some of my DMC floss stash. And this little box sat for a very short time because I had a specific project in mind for it....and it cost just a couple dollars because of to me was a slight imperfection.
This little punchneedle was a project featured in a past issue of Primitive Quilts & Projects by Notforgotten Farm.
You'll see that I revamped the box a bit....I gave it a coat of burnt umber paint and a sanding then a coat of black and some more sanding. That's it. I stitched the punchneedle to a backbround of black wool then attached to the lid of the box. The lid has one small piece missing on the end but I think that just adds character and still very usable if one would like. Oh...I've also added a liner of black wool on the inside bottom. Wouldn't this be perfect for storing your punchneedles? Or to stash some of your cards of old buttons? Or set it on its side to simply display.
This will make it's way to the Mercantile but until then will be available for sale here.....
$35 plus shipping.....paypal preferred.
Just drop me an email if you are interested!

Enjoy your day!




No comments: