Saturday, April 13, 2013

What I've been working on.....

Stitchin' and punchin' is what I've been working on when I've not been working on alterations.
The little cross stitch sampler (primitive betty) is my "make it work" project. I used hand dyed floss and totally forgot that fact as I'm spraying it with stain then putting it in the oven. It may be a small sampler but it still took enough time that I didn't want it to go unused so I made it into a make do scissor keeper...using pieces of stash fabric for the lining and back. I've also attached a small strawberry pinkeep and its filled with crushed walnut shells. I've tried to give it that well used worn look.
My other little project is a punchneedle....a project (notforgotten farm) featured in a past issue of primitive quilts & projects.
I think I'm going to finish it onto the top of a little wooden box.
What next? Oh yeah...I have a prom dress and a suit to alter....and finish reorganizing my sewing room.



No comments: