Friday, April 12, 2013

Monster Cookies.....

Why I've never made these before I don't know. Yum! After browsing through my cookbook collection for a recipe and finding that many of them called for nearly to a dozen eggs, a pound jar of peanut butter to nine cups of oats, I settled for the recipe that The Pioneer Woman shared on her program awhile back. I made only a few changes....While I normally use only BUTTER for baking, I had some butter flavored Crisco that was needing used so I used that instead of butter. And I added one third cup of peanut butter....because I like peanut butter and since all the other recipes I was finding used pb, I decided to add it. The last change is on baking time....after baking the first sheet for 20 minutes and they came out darker than I like....it was more like 13-14 minutes for my oven and baking one sheet at a time.
Monster cookies are a cookie where anything goes....As I was making them, I became curious as to how this recipe came about so I googled it and found this.....

Dick Wesley's Monster Cookies

Interesting. Some of the greatest recipes come about on a fluke!

Well here is the recipe I used.....and a condensed version of instruction.....

Monster Cookies
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup m&m's
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 1/4 cup rice krispie cereal

Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Add dry ingreadients and mix til incorporated. Add oats.
Stir in goodie ingredients....candies, nuts and cereal....stir to combine.
Drop by large spoonfuls (I used large ice cream scoop) onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
Bake in preheated 375° oven 20-25 minutes.
Yum. I'm not a milk drinker but these would make a good milk dunking cookie!
Enjoy!


No comments: