Thursday, May 23, 2013

~*Pure and Pleasant*~

Hello world...I hope you all are having a great week!
I just want to share this little finish with you today. A pure and pleasant pillow tuck.
I stitched this on linen, two threads over two using dmc floss rather than the suggested Gentle Art floss. It has been backed with the same sweet blue calico as the small bird is made and her little wing is of wool. Little bird is stitched to a piece of brown satin ribbon and has an old skeleton key tied to the other end then the ribbon is pinned to the pillow corner. The pillow measures 6 1/4" x 4 1/2". Tuck it in a basket or wreath or on a shelf. Would make a sweet gift.
It looks like it may be a quiet weekend here in my little corner of the world and my plans are to spend it in the sewing room working on using up more of my fabric stash so I can get my Etsy shop reopened.
Enjoy your day and if I'm not back before, I hope you have a great Memorial weekend....and don't forget to take a moment to remember those who have served and are serving our country and the sacrifices made for all of us.

No comments: