Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had the ingredients sitting out on the counter for two days wanting to make them so finally .....this morning! A little more tweaking to the recipe and method....which most star bakers would disagree with. Shhh......
I also have a habit of jotting down recipes and unless there is an out of the ordinary step to the process, then I usually don't write down the instructions. Then I will make notes of what worked or didn't work or any variations or alterations to the recipe.
I've made these several times and each time a little something different and I think this time has it. So far. LOL So here ya go......

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 12 large muffin tins with parchment liners or spray with non-stick spray.

Sift together the following dry ingredients inti your mixer bowl.....
4 cups (scant)flour
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder (yes...tablespoons)
1 teaspoon salt
In another bowl or measuring pitcher combine the following.....
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla (and if by "accident" you splash a tiny bit more...that's ok)
Slowly mix this into the dry ingredients....mix until well combined....
Stir in.....
1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
Scoop into tins.
Bake til done....sorry...forgot to time them. Maybe 20 minutes? I pretty much test them for doneness like I do a cake....to the touch.
************
An afterthought....decrease the amount of cocolate chips in the mix then sprinkle a few on top of each muffin and give a sprinkle of sugar before baking. I thought to do this after scooping up one tray so I added this to the second tray....yum-mo!

No comments: