Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Taco Soup.....

I know.  Who eats soup in the middle of a Missouri summer? 
I do.
 The older I get the more  my taste buds change.  Over the past several years I've come to like a number of foods.  Peas are still not a favorite and I probably will never like mixed vegetables or vegetable soup.  For years, I've heard people talk about taco soup and one day I decided to gather recipes.  The first time I made it I used the ground beef as the recipe called.  After making it a couple times and making a few changes to a combination of recipes, I think I have arrived at a recipe that I can kinda claim as my own......
TACO SOUP
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded/chopped
2 cans black beans (do not drain)
1 can corn, drained
1 large onion, chopped
1 can ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies 
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1-1/2 cups broth from the chicken

Combine all ingredients in the crock pot....you see that I have mine lined with a *Reynolds Slow Cooker liner. (These can be found at Wal-Mart with the wax paper, saran, etc...)
Let cook on low 4-6 hours.....or all day....
Precook your chicken as you prepare supper, just remember to reserve a bit of your chicken broth.....chop your onion.....toss it all in the crock pot the next morning....let it cook all day and supper is ready when you get home!
A few things on the side.....shredded cheese, sour cream!
ENJOY!

No comments: