Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who knows what a day will bring.....

My last post was on Saturday morning. I ran my errands...came home and puttered around the house....working on this and that.......


Saturday evening, I got a call from my Mom telling me that my Aunt Marilyn had suffered a heart attack that afternoon and didn't make it. Marilyn was 47 years young. The youngest of six. This is not the way it's supposed to be. She has a husband and a 5 year old daughter, who is THE spitting image of her. She has three older kids with 11 grandchildren with #12 on the way.


Marilyn came into my life when I was 2. My Mama married her oldest brother. Just as he was my Dad, Marilyn was not only my aunt, but she was my friend. We were so close for many years.....then life happens. You get busy....taking for granted that there is always tomorrow. Well, I'm here to tell you....Don't take that for granted. We do not know what a day will bring.
I was going through photos for something else and found this one. I have many fond memories of spending time with Marilyn....and even though we didn't get to or make the time to spend with each other in these past few years and while I know that she is on to a MUCH better place....I will still miss her greatly.
Marilyn Juanita Prewitt Beale
Spetember 10, 1961 - April 25, 2009









5 comments:

Shari said...

I'm just so sorry Cindy. 47 is way too young. My deepest sympathies to you and your family at this very difficult time.
Hugs - Shari

Rita Templeton said...

That's really scary. I'm so sorry for the loss of Marilyn - Shari is right, 47 is much too young, and especially with a 5 year old who will have to grow up without her mother.

Your family is in my prayers, Cindy!

Cindy said...

Thank you Shari and Rita.

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me cry....again! It's still hard to believe that it happened & that she is gone, but we're a strong family & we'll all get through it. Sidebar....look how skinny dad was in the pic heehee!

Chanda said...

So sorry for your loss and sadness. Prayers for your family. I hope for special blessing for the 5 year old. So very sad.