Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard Warning.....

.....and I think this is the first time ever.  We had two jobs to do yesterday, but due to the freezing rain, we called it a day after the first job.  For the past several days, all the talk has been about the expected 12"-20"+ of snow.  So no work today.... it's snowing just south of us already and will soon be here so it's out to do chores before it hits!
Okay.....so I made it back in....and just in time. It just started snowing right before I came back inside.  The snow is really fine yet it is heavy. It wasn't 10 minutes and already a thin layer on surfaces. They were right on....our weather man said it would start between 7:00 & 9:00 am and it was 8:00. Drats! Does that mean he's right about the whole 12"-20"?
So what's a girl to do on a snow day? Yesterday, I had a sweet tooth, so I made this..... 
From the Paula Deen cookbook....Kelley's Toffee Bar Cookies, made with saltines, of all things! YUM!
Then, I got out that pile of scraps and remnants and started a couple of quilt blocks to be finished into simple little table top mats.

So I'm sitting there sewing and pressing away when a picture text comes across my phone and I get a phone call from our oldest son, Ely.  He was runnin' up the highway, not too fast, freezing rain, when he gets hit from behind by a car that lost it on the ice.  He was driving Liz's small car and even though it's totaled, we are SO thankful that no one was hurt.

I think I'm going to get a fire going in that big ol' fireplace today. Other than that, the possibilities of what a day at home can bring are endless.....curling up with a good book or movie, more baking or sewing, or cleaning house.  I've been weeding through things and trying to declutter, so there's always that.  I'm afraid I'm in for a couple days so plenty of time to get lots done!

If you are in this blizzard/winter storm area, stay warm and be safe!
Enjoy your day!


1 comment:

di2009 said...

I am so glad that Ely wasn't hurt in the accident. What a week that was for all of us!