Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What is it about...

...being snowed in that makes a person want to bake? I've been trying to do some other things but I've just felt the need to bake! Banana nut muffins are in the oven right now.  Monday it was toffee crunch.  Yesterday, was Pistachio Cake... a recipe I found at http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ .

By mistake, I bought the smaller box of pudding when it calls for the 4 oz size, but I didn't let that stop me from making it....still tasted so yummy.  The pioneer woman suggested topping with a chocolate ganache so of course I just had to do that......

Mmm...Mmm...a keeper recipe for sure. And so simple.
Thanks pioneer woman.

So snowed in another day. Still not sure about tomorrow.  Snow plows have finally been down our road but that doesn't mean it's clear as I'm sure it's still doing some drifting not to mention the ice that's beneath all this snow.
Well, on to do something productive....
Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Sharlotte said...

That's looks yummy Cindy!

di2009 said...

I heard the cake was yummy! Amanda made some lemon cupcakes today. I resisted the urge to bake, and played with the grandkids instead. Better on my waistline!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

There's just somethin' about bein' shut~in and haffin' to turn on the over and fill the house with warm wonderful aromas. Too bad we can't milk the calories outta the goodies we bake! Heeehehehe!!!

God bless and have a fantastic weekend...the weather reports...not so good!