Monday, August 8, 2011

Productive Weekend....and some other stuff....

I think I had a productive weekend.
Before running off to do errands in town, I finished up one of the aprons I've
had cut out for awhile and when I got back, I finished the other two.
I feel like I've done a little bit of everything over the weekend....including, pulling weeds out in the flower boxes!
Aprons fnished, a punch needle item  redone and projects planned.....

I even made some progress on the Christmas cross-stitch project I've been working on for months.
I do believe it will be done in time to display this Christmas! (Actually, I think it will hang on my sampler wall
year round.)

I had an unexpected day off today, so I've spent it with more planning and preparing.  And rather than overwhelm myself with the selection and preparing ALL of the projects I want to do, I've prepared just a couple.  Complete them before moving on to the next one.
It's just one month before the mercantile open house and I want to have plenty of new handmades available!

A new episode of American Pickers on tonight so I will sit and stitch and enjoy the show.
Speaking of "pickers"....Have you seen the new show 'Picker Sisters'.  They are interior designers who travel around pickin' though sheds, barns and fields....finding old and unique items and giving them a new purpose.
I love it!  It inspires me to get back at it! 

Well, it's hand-breaded tenderloins for supper tonight so I'd better get off this machine and get the things done up I need to before it's time to start on that. 

Enjoy your day!

No comments: