Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Brownies...

I got a sweet tooth today.
So while fixing on supper, I mixed up a batch of brownies that I hadn't made for awhile.
After woofin' down two of them already, I remembered why!
I found this recipe probably 10 years ago...somewhere on the web...and it's what I want to share with you today.

BROWNIES

Mix the following ingredients together and set aside (or store in an airtight container or bag.)

2 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips

To make brownies: preheat oven to 325*; prepare 9"x 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream:
1 cup butter (softened)
4 eggs, beating well after each one
Add the dry ingredients listed above and beat until smooth.
Spread mixture into pan.
Bake 40 - 50 minutes.

**Note:  Prepare dry mix and place in cello-bag, add a ribbon and instructions for baking.  Place this in a large mixing bowl or a cake pan, add a few other kitchen treasures to make a perfect bridal shower gift, housewarming or hostess gift!
************************
After spending a few days on housework, alterations and errands, I'm back to some fun work...I bought some fun fabrics on a couple recent shopping trips so I'm working on some more aprons and I'll share them with you soon.

Hope you are have a great week!

No comments: