Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblin'.....

.....and Pumpkin Muffins.
From my mom's recipe box...although it's actually a bread recipe, I used it for these muffins that
I made  yesterday.  The pumpkin, the cinnamon, the cloves......Mmm....can you smell them?
I thought I'd share the recipe with you today.....
Pumpkin Muffins
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 can pumpkin (small can)
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Cream sugar and oil.  Add eggs.  Stir in pumpkin.
Sift dry ingredients together and add to pumpkin mixture.
Scoop into lined muffins tins, size of your choice.
Bake at 350 degrees til done....toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(I use the touch method as if I were baking a cake, but that's just me)
***************
Now, I used 1 1/2 cup Splenda sugar blend and also added raisins and pecans. The amount you use is up to you.
I soften my raisins by putting them in a bowl of water and placing in microwave for a minute or two, and drain water off before adding them to the mix.
If you so desire, you can frost them with cream cheese frosting or a glaze.
You can bake in loaf pans or a bundt pan.
***************
As I'm typing this recipe here, I realize that I left out baking powder when I made these....well.....no biggie, they are still yummy! 
***************
It's to be cooler out today and my yard and outdoor projects are calling my name. 
But dare I venture out?
My allergies haven't bothered me nearly as much as they normally do this time of year but I've also babied myself and stayed inside much of the time.
It might be a good day to just curl up in my chair with stitching in hand and watch a movie or two.
I think I'll put on a crockpot of chili and a peach cobbler or crisp for tonights supper then see what the day brings.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: