Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday...

Where did the weekend go?  For that matter, where is the month of December going?!
Christmas is now less than two weeks away?
I'm nowhere near ready.
While I have some handmade gifts well underway, I've not done much in the way of shopping. 
No baking or candy making yet.
The trees and most of the decorations are up, however, the lighted garland that should be hanging on the front porch railing is still sitting in its tote in the attic.
I don't know if that will happen or not.
 John and I did take a little time on Saturday for a walk through the woods behind the house, checking out a couple of trees that had been taken down in a storm a few months back.  I think there's enough in those two trees to get us through a good part of winter.
Then I found a little cedar tree to cut to put in this little old car at our back door.
Now that I have it there, I want to ditch the artificial wreath on the old sled and replace it with some fresh cedar.  Hmm, that would require another walk through the woods.
When we got back, we walked out to the horse pasture to check the horses and the pond....
The whole while being followed by our newest little fur baby, Thumper, who you see here not showing any fear from the horses or mules.

A busy day ahead, stitching on some stockings, a cross stitch sampler and I might even try to sneak in some peanut clusters sometime today, as they can be disguised in containers and put in the freezer. 
Out of sight.  Out of mind.
Right?

Enjoy your day!

No comments: