Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Ramblin' & a recipe to share...

Things have slowly gotten back to "normal"....Rylee and I are settling back into a routine of our days.
She's getting more and more vocal...as she's sitting in her swing just a talkin' to her babydoll.
She is such a joy and I am SO blessed to get this time with her!
We have been having some amazing weather here with unseasonably warm temps, however, Mr. WeatherMan just said that this could be our last nice day for a few days.....20's & 30's with a chance of flurries on Thursday?

I made a chicken pot pie for supper last night....I haven't made one in years!
I don't remember where I got the recipe and I only followed it to a degree....
Here's my version.....
Chicken Pot Pie
single pastry
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 tablespoon butter
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can sliced or diced potatoes, drained
1 can sliced carrots, drained
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 egg, lightly beaten

Place chicken in a larger casserole dish (I used my 12" pasta dish)
Add potatoes and carrots.
In small skillet, melt butter over low heat.  Add the mushrooms and onion and saute' til heated through or lightly browned.  Add this to the chicken.
In medium saucepan, whisk together cream, flour, paprika, salt and pepper over low heat; cook until thickened.  Whisk in the broth.  Pour sauce over the chicken and veggie mixture.
Preheat the oven to 400*.
Prepare the pastry by rolling to fit the top of the casserole.  Place on top of pie; trim and seal the edges.
I poked a few slits into the pastry.  Brush top with lightly beaten egg.
Bake until filling is bubbly and crust in browned, approximately 30-35 minutes.
Cool slightly.  Serve warm.
***************
Cook your own chicken or buy already roasted.  Use potatoes and carrots or whatever veggies you prefer or none at all.  The actual recipe called for mushrooms only.
Use prepared pastry crust or make it homemade.
Make the recipe your own!
*************
Well, time to move along....Rylee and I are going to start on one of my favorite Netty LaCroix dolls today....
Mothie & her cat.....and she will be appearing in my Etsy shoppe soon!


Enjoy your day!



No comments: