Sunday, December 30, 2012

Flour Sack Towels...

WOW! While I love my homespun and terry cloth towels my most favorite kitchen towel is the ol' flour sack towel. And while doing some holiday baking, I found more reasons why this towel will always have a place in my kitchen.
For some time now I've been making my own pie crust. Needing to make a couple of pies for a friend I was thinking back and remembering the difficulty I had rolling and transferring the crust the last time I made pies. Ugh! I thought there had to be something to make it easier and I don't know why it took me so long to think of this.....
I have a couple of flour sack towels that I use specifically for food....to cover dough while rising, cover foods just out of oven, etc...So...I thought "Hmmm.....I wonder....." now need I say more?
That had to be the easiest of crusts to roll and transfer....yes I still used flour on the cloth and rolling pin ( which the rolling pin my son got me a couple Christmases ago is another of my favorite things)
So a couple days after the pies I needed to make sugar cookies and cinnamon rolls....yes the ol' flour sack towel came through again.... Oh the simple things in life that make our day to day tasks easier!




No comments: