Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Ramblin'...

I'm sitting here in the middle of my sewing room floor basting some patches onto the back of a well-loved old quilt, a repair for a friend that I have been putting off for whatever reason. It looks to be a dreary day here in my little corner of the world. I'm not complaining...we have had some beautiful days here for it to be December. Speaking of which, where has this month gone and even more-so, where has this whole year gone? I am nowhere near ready for this Christmas. I didn't get the tree up until this past Monday and after having replaced one strand of lights before decorating, now that it is all done, the upper strand has gone out! I still have a Santa tree that needs decorating but again, the strand of lights for that tree has decided to pick this year to go out. I've always had extra strands of varying lengths on hand but wouldn't you know they've all disappeared....into other decorations or in projects for sale. I won't even mention gift shopping....very little has been done with that either.
You will see in the photo below where I've been going through all my favorite cookbooks looking for goodie recipes...there are the usual favorites but I always like to try a few new things each year. As usual, and like everything else, my list goes way beyond what I will have time for. I do hope to get a start on some of it this afternoon though. But if I don't get off this thing and finish basting these patches in place and get moving the day will be gone and I'll be wondering where it went!
Enjoy your day!


No comments: