Friday, December 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge...

I think this is the best batch of peanut butter fudge I've ever made! Be it the recipe, the candy thermometer, whatever it was, I'm marking the recipe, page and cookbook as a reminder for the next time.
This recipe is actually from the same cookbook as the divinity.....and was submitted by Joy Beard.

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

4 cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk (not sweetened)
1 stick margarine (not soft type) (I used butter)
18 ounce jar peanut butter (I had 16 oz)
1 small jar marshmallow cream

Cook first three ingredients 9 minutes or until it coats spoon or makes soft ball. (I used a thermometer and cooked to soft ball temperature then this is when I removed from heat) Add peanut butter and marshmallow cream. Mix well, pour in pan (I buttered the pan) with edges as it's soft at this stage. Surface will appear slightly greasy until it sets. Allow to set 2-3 hours then cut into squares to serve.
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Chanda said...

Well Bless Your Heart. I just sat down to find a good recipe for this and thought I would check in to the old blog ad see what everyoe is up to today and lo ad behold you have this posted. Gonna try it today except I don't have marshmellow cream, I am gonna try to subsitute marshmellows....we'll see I guess,
Merry Christmas dear firend and thank you.

Cindy said...

Hope it turned out for you! Merry Christmas to you!