Thursday, December 18, 2008

New tree ornament...

...or so he thinks! I thought the branches of one of my trees looked a little flat, not to mention the ornaments I find layin' around the packages beneath the tree... then today I hear this "tink-tink-tink". So I go to the living room and what do I see? Yep...you guessed it! One of the newbie kitties up in the tree...and I do mean..up in it! About two-thirds of the way up in it!!

Look at him! Too cute not to take a picture of...but of course I had to give him the what for to stay out of it. Several more attempts were made before finally giving up and curlin' up in a chair and goin' to sleep for the afternoon. Clyde...not me!
I stayed home and worked today...and boy did I work! I moved the computer and sewing machines to the spare room. And you know you can't move things like that without some good cleanin'! Done some outside chores. Then I had put it off long enough...I had to do my homework. Everything is done now and I am SO ready to go to bed but I want to build up that fire just a bit more to keep it goin' thru the night. I checked our gas tank today...they still have not been here to fill and we are down to under 10%! Yikes!! They usually just show up whether we call or not! That's pretty low especially in this cold weather! So a call to the gas company and they will be here tomorrow as well as the TV repairman! The big screen has been out for nearly two weeks now!
Not sure if there will be school....we are getting freezing rain tonight! On top of the snow and sleet from Monday! I'll be working here at home tomorrow...and I hope to get out my embroidery attachement to my sewing machine to figure that out to do a few Christmas projects. If it doesn't happen tomorrow I'll have to figure out something else. Lots of other fun Christmas projects to do too!
Hope you all are having a great week!! Let me hear from you!!

5 comments:

Shari said...

The kitty is just too cute in the tree! I doubt if he's given up all together on such a great hidey spot...
It sounds way too cold there! I grew up in Nebraska and I remember that cold cold weather! We lived in town though so always had power to go with our fire. Not sure if I should tell you it's 85 here today...
Hope you get your embroidery done!
Merry Christmas!

mmama said...

Hi! super ornament cats.

Lori said...

Cindy..meant to post here when I first saw this..so cute!

Do you collect Old World ornaments? It looks like I see a few on your tree. Did you lose any because of Clyde??

Cindy said...

He's such a sweet little kitty! Growin'!! No, didn't lose any ornaments...whew! I don't collect old world ornaments...a few might have the look but they are new and cheap! lol My other tree was full of primitive handmade ornaments!

Lori said...

Sounds like you have two trees like us. We have one that is full of family ornaments and another one for the primitives. I am hoping to make more of the primitive ones this year. :)
Do you do a year round holiday tree Cindy? I am thinking of doing it with one of my grapevine trees.
Stay Warm!!! Blessings!