Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home...

I'm home! I've spent the last week out on the road with John in the truck. He had a load to Loredo, TX for Monday morning so after that we took a couple days off to go on down to Donna to see his folks. 80+ degree weather down there! WOW! I was so wishin' it would follow us home but it didn't! Durn it! I came home to much cooler temps, wind & some kind of winter mix last night but it didn't amount to anything!




Last Saturday, the day we left, Briar went & picked up the newest addition to the family...meet Ruger, a yellow lab.... Isn't he adorable?!








Whenever I go out on the truck I am always fascinated with the highway system. Just look at that! This was going thru Dallas. As much as it fascinated me, it also freaks me out a little bit...being in a car, not so much...but the truck? yeah...lil bit! People have asked me if I drive too...HA! I have NO desire whatsoever to drive. I'm perfectly content at just goin' along for the ride! I don't think you could pay me enough! Every once in awhile I'll "make" John go along with me on a grocery shopping trip & I joke & call that his "reality check"...well, I guess you could say that my goin' out with him in the truck every so often is MY reality check!
We spent a couple days with Mom & Pop...then John had 4 pick ups to make Wednesday aft/eve. so we had to head on out. I finally got started on that newest punch needle project I had finally gotten supplies together for...the only thing about punch needle is you have to be sitting still in order to work on it, unlike stitchery or penny rug making. I still got quite a bit of it done & hope to finish it over this next week.



I got home yesterday afternoon...not soon enough for Lucy Loo! Now it's time to play catch up...clean house, laundry, finish the room I started before I left. This is where I left off. Remember the little cubby box I'd mentioned in an earlier post? This is it & what I had planned for it! Perfect for fat quarters & leftover remnants! I wish I had taken a picture of the box before I cleaned it! WOW! Is all I can say! Before I cleaned it, it looked like dirty faded out wood....I started sprayin' it with Liquid Gold & wow!
I'm not sure what else I'm going to do in here other than go on a search for things to go on the walls...I think I now have all my needed supplies in this room. I've got all sorts of things to take pics of to list on Craigs List...stuff too good to just throw out so maybe someone else will have a use for it.
I think my next project will be our main bathroom. I actually started stripping border/wallpaper a long time ago so maybe it's time to get back to that.

I ended up running errands yesterday afternoon so that I could spend today here at home. What's been going on in your world?

Oh...wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Chanda said...

We had some beautiful weather last week while you were gone I guess. We had breakast on the porch one morning and it was really nice and warm if ya could stayt out of the wind. It good to be home huh?