Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Ramblin'...

Good Sunday morning all!
It's going to be a beautiful day here in my little corner of the world.
Thought I'd share a bit of what's been keeping me busy this past week, beside my little Rylee....
The week started with a "day-off"...Liz was off work for spring break so I didn't have Rylee.
Besides catching up on some cleaning and the usual laundry, I pulled out some tobacco sticks to start a couple of ladders, only to find out that I was out of the screws I use for them, so they got set aside. (I picked up some screws the other night so they will be finished soon).....
I made the decision awhile ago that I wouldn't buy anymore fabric unless it's for an order, until I used up a good portion of my stash.  While reorganizing and decluttering, I find that I have several
 UFP's....(unfinished projects) in my sewing baskets.  So.....what to do but finish up some of them before moving on to totally new projects.  I'm doin' pretty good.....
The pumpkin was only partially punched, the sheep not at all, just traced onto the fabric, and the same with the little herb stitcheries.  The little wood box is from my stash...I had already painted it and it was waiting for something.
The same with the fabrics used on the small runner and the braiding around the pumpkin....all from my stash of fabrics.
I've been a stitchin' and punchin' fool this week!  While Rylee napped and while I watched my favorite
shows on tv of an evening,  I stitched or punched....
This Simple Pleasures piece, I can't even remember when I started it,  is the one I'm having the most trouble with.
There are just two little sections left to stitch...I love the piece but it's been traced onto osnaburg and the areas yet to stitch are hard to figure out where the traced lines are, but I'll get there.  It will just take a little more time than some of the others.
Another piece....Buttermilk Basin's "simplify"....had just been traced onto cloth, so I finally picked out my colors and went to town punching!
I guess I have Mother Nature to thank for part of this, as it's been cooler,  rainy and dreary a good portion of the week, so we didn't get to spend much time outside as we would of liked.
I had to run to town yesterday, so I took a look-see at the mercantile for something to apply the pumpkin punch needle to...what I had in mind, she didn't have but I did stumble onto this old wood egg crate.  It might turn into one of those ideas that sounded better in my head....
we'll see what happens.......

Well, time to get busy and get ready for church....
Rylee and Liz will be here soon....and my  little sister Denni, who's birthday is today so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENNI!


No comments: