Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Banana w/Chocolate Chip Muffins...

What can I say?  I like muffins!  While everyone else is into cupcakes and cake pops, I'm into muffins!  Tried these last night.....DEE-LISH right out of the oven....but still just as good this morning!

Banana w/Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
2 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350.
Line regular sized muffin tin (12 count) with parchment liners.
In large mixing bowl, sift together flour & baking soda.  Stir in sugar and chocolate chips.
In small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, milk, melted butter and bananas.
Add all at once to the flour mixture and stir just til moistened.
Spoon batter into muffin cups.
Bake until golden brown or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean....approximately 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes then remove from tins.
************
I decreased the oven temp to 350 as the original recipe called for 400.  I also used splenda for baking rather than sugar.
When I buy bananas and it gets to the last one or two that get WAY ripe, I put them in the freezer for just this purpose....it makes for a super-moist muffin!
The original recipe actually called to split the chocolate chips, using half in the mix then sprinkly remaining half on top.  I also got 16 regular size muffins rather than 12.
************
Enjoy your day! 

No comments: