Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.....

Thought I'd pop in to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving....I hope you have a blessed day ... spending time with family and friends ... filling it with wonderful memories!

What ARE your Thanksgiving plans? I'm cooking here this year....for what started to be my side of the family since my in-laws were planning to leave for Texas already.... but that hasn't happened .... Pops kept putting it off because of a building project so now they are not leaving til the day after Thanksgiving. So, since I'm cooking anyways, I'm having dinner for both sides! Not all of Johns family will be here as they have other plans, but there will still be lots of folks here! It's supposed to be around 54*.... nice enough kids...both young and old, can "play" outside....Ely will set up the soccer nets.... and horseshoes...
I spent yesterday pickin' up and cleanin' to make room! I think I might have to work for a little while today, but this afternoon I'll be makin' my desserts & finding as much kitchen counter as possible.....tomorrow the turkey, ham and all the fixin's....everyone coming will bring favorite Thanksgiving dishes from their kitchen as well! John will miss dinner....but will be home for the weekend....I think! Sometimes things have a way of changing at the last minute.
I also cleaned and filled the hot tub yesterday.... it's been "broke down" for several months now .... I SO wish I hadn't put it off for so long...I really coulda used it last night! The guy is supposed to be here Friday to check it out!!
Well, I supposed I've rambled on long enough this morning...I really do need to get busy....Oh...I also wanted to share a pic of that holiday potpourri I told you about in a previous post....see? Not your typical potpourri.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments: