Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Ramblings...



I want to share the "treat" that I got last night from my trick-or-treater football player nephew, Evan. He had his mama draw the face on and he colored it all in! Isn't that just the sweetest thing?!



*******************************************************
I slept in this morning til almost 8:00 and that is SO not like me. Maybe that's why I woke with such a terrible headache so popped tylenol right off. So after coffee and my internet time, I put the leash on Lucy and we went for a walk. I started walking again just this last Thursday then missed it yesterday by the time I got home from work and with Halloween so I got back after it this morning. The first of October I joined my sil's team in the 'Shape Up Missouri' campaign. We track our weight and minutes of physical activity over several weeks and I've not been doing too good in either department. I've not really gained or lost, just always fluxuating a couple pounds so I decided it's time to take things seriously. With all this candy in the house it's a true test of willpower! Not that I'm leaving it alone, I'm just trying to keep it within limits! Try to eat regular meals and cut out all the junk!

*******************************************************
So as if Halloween candy isn't enough of a test, we are having a little gathering at Mom & Pops tomorrow so I've been working in my kitchen today. Chocolate cheesecake seems to be a favorite from my kitchen so that's one thing I've made as well as a cheeseball, a couple dips....will probably toss some cocktail sausages in a crockpot in the morning with my very detailed sauce mix....bottled bbq sauce and grape jelly! (I won't even mention the blackberry cobbler Mom will be making) So while working, I was thinking about my favorite things that I like to use in my kitchen & thought I'd share them with you....as you can see I'm a big fan of Pampered Chef and after taking this photo I realize that I left out my deep dish baker and pizza stone!


My absolute favorite is the kitchenaid mixer that my dear sweet hubby got me for my birthday several years ago! I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything!

Well here's the cheesecake fresh from the oven! I think I'll drizzle it with caramel then spinkle with a handful of chopped pecans!
*******************************************************

The weather is beautiful so I think I'm going to go outside in a bit, once I get the dishwasher emptied and loaded again! I'm sure there are things out there that need my attention!
So what are you doing with your Saturday....your weekend? I hope you're having a GREAT one!!

No comments: