Friday, January 2, 2009

Wishing you many blessings in 2009!

I hope you had a fun and safe new years eve and day! It was a quiet one for us. Briar's girlfriend had all four of her wisdom teeth taken out on the 30th so they hung out her for most of the evening....John didn't get home til 9 and going out to pick him up was the extent of my going out!
New Year morning, the three of us went out for breakfast then picked up a few things at the store. The guys spent the day working on our pick up to get it back in wood haulin' order...and I guess that's how Briar plans to spend the day...back in the woods. I actually think he's missed that! We had some friends and family over for supper last night...we ate...visited...watched tv...we ate... Ely & Jayson picked the guitars...we ate...and played the gamewave! LOL That's a cross between the regular game systems and board games!
January 2nd...back to business today! I brought home a little homework and I need to run a couple errands today and finish up the laundry. I THINK that's my plan for the day.
Did you make any new year resolutions? I don't make them...it's like settin' myself up for failure. I just take each day as it comes and be thankful for it. The best I can do is set my goals for the day and what gets done gets done and what doesn't will be there for another day. I sometimes find out that what I thought was so important to make the list for one days wasn't so important after all.
***********************************
Well, before I could get that post finished and published, my time was interrupted so it was saved to come back to later in the day but as you can see, that didn't happen. Yesterday, once I got back from my errands, the notion hit to take down the tree and decorations. Whew! I didn't even get that done before we decided to go out for dinner. It ended up being a full evening and the rest had to wait til today. I'm still working but decided it was time for a break with a glass of iced tea!
Really nothin' much to talk about today. Just thought I'd finish what I started to post yesterday. Hope you all are off to a wonderful 2009!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: